Updated December 28, 2021
We continue to take the pandemic very seriously to ensure the safety of our guests, our team and our neighbours on Galiano Island—a small community with limited resources. In light of current regulations applicable to British Columbia and elsewhere, and in an effort to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants, we kindly request that you reschedule your stay if you experience any known symptoms of COVID-19. When visiting Galiano, please limit your interactions with our employees and other island residents to a minimum and follow all provincial guidelines pertaining to hand-washing and sanitizing, wearing masks and social-distancing.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ARE OUR TOP PRIORITIES
We are actively monitoring the situation in the province and in our community to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community, at all times.
We are complying with all of the precautionary and mandated measures outlined by both the Government of Canada
and by the BC Centre for Disease Control
and have implemented additional measures in all of our departments that aim at further ensuring everyone's safety. Hospital-grade cleaning products (Oxivir and bleach dilution) and upgraded protocols are currently in use.
While we hold ourselves to high standards at all times, our ENHANCED CLEANING PROGRAM includes:
- Oxivir disinfection of all high touch areas/surfaces throughout the Inn and in guest rooms including phones, remote controls, light switches, room keys and door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of all public and shared areas.
- Guest-accessible disinfecting sanitizer at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
- All team members have been briefed on proper and frequent hand-washing, sanitizing and social distancing protocols. Illustrated reminders have been posted in all staff and guests areas.
- Ongoing training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- All our guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected before and after guests arrive, with extra focus on frequently touched areas.
- In areas where team members work, we are regularly cleaning entrances, staff rooms, and offices.
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to dining and spa experiences (special protocols apply to the spa).
- Strict social distancing, for all staff and for our guests.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS PERTAINING TO OUR NEW YEAR'S EVE SIT-DOWN DINNER
To ensure everyone's enjoyment, health and safety, the following plan for New Year's Eve has been approved by our local health authorities:
- All guests will be required to show proof of full vaccination and government-issued identification
- Social distancing principles will be followed at all times
- All guests will wear a face covering at all times when not seated
- A maximum of 6 people will be permitted at each table
- Mingling between tables will not permitted for the duration of the event
- The dining room will be operating at half capacity
- The tables will be spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart
- There will be no speeches or dancing, but an outdoor fire will be provided at midnight for the champagne toast, weather permitting
- Normal liquor service hours will be followed
The natural surroundings of the Galiano Inn offer an abundance of natural spaces, allowing you the comfort and grounding of fresh air, clean spaces, and the ability to move freely along the seashore and our surrounding forest paths.
We are proud to offer discounted quarantine and self-isolation packages to guests who require this service. Our team is happy to set-up a plan to provide you with the supplies needed during your isolation period. Please contact our front desk ahead of time, to allow us time to properly prepare for your arrival. Call us toll-free at 1-877-530-3939.
We do not currently offer turndown services during your stay. However, should you require any additional linens or supplies during your stay, our team will gladly bring any required supplies to your room and deliver them contact-free.
We also offer in-room dining options to our guests when Atrevida Restaurant is open. Read Atrevida's schedule here.
We kindly ask our guests to restrict interactions with other guests (who are not part of their 'bubble') while on our property in order to keep everyone safe and healthy
IN THE DINING ROOM
Please be advised that, in accordance with current Public Health Orders, all guests wishing to receive services in the lounge, restaurant and pizza patio (open May-Nov) need to show proof of vaccination. We happily offer take out and room service options to guests who cannot provide valid proof of double vaccination.
It is mandatory that guests wear masks at all times and respect social distancing and sanitizing guidelines while in enclosed areas such as the Inn lobby and Atrevida Restaurant.
While seated and enjoying a meal or beverage, guests are permitted to remove their masks. Mingling is not allowed between tables. Masks must be worn at all times when guests leave their table. Guest tables cannot exceed 6 person capacity and will be kept a minimum of 6 feet apart. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the lobby, restaurant and all public areas of the Galiano Inn
IN THE SPA
Our yoga/fitness room, steam rooms, oceanside hot tub and spa services have been suspended until further notice. This decision will be reassessed on January 15th.
We offer a flexible cancellation policy should circumstances or regulations change along the way. Kindly let us know if your cancellation is COVID-related. We make frequent updates to our website to reflect changing circumstances.
As we take these measures, we thank you for your continued trust in our commitment to excellence and for your understanding in these difficult times. It is with great consideration that we have made these decisions, with particular care for the long-term well being of our staff and guests.
We look forward to seeing the situation resolved soon and in the meantime, we wish you the utmost health and wellness. For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com