COVID: Our pledge to your health and safety
Updated Sept 12, 2021
IN LIGHT OF CURRENT REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ELSEWHERE, and in an effort to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants, we kindly request that you limit your interactions with our employees and other island residents to a minimum during your stay.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ARE OUR TOP PRIORITIES
We are actively monitoring the situation in the province and in our community to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community, at all times.
We are complying with all of the precautionary and mandated measures outlined by both the Government of Canada and by the BC Centre for Disease Control and have implemented additional measures in all of our departments that aim at further ensuring everyone's safety. Hospital-grade cleaning products (Oxivir and bleach dilution) and upgraded protocols are currently in use.
While we hold ourselves to high standards at all times, in light of the spread of COVID-19, our new and improved cleaning program includes:
- Oxivir disinfection of all high touch areas/surfaces throughout the Inn and in guest rooms including phones, remote controls, light switches, room keys and door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of all public and shared areas.
- Guest-accessible disinfecting sanitizer at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
- All team members have been briefed on proper and frequent hand-washing protocols. Illustrated reminders have been posted in all staff and guests areas.
- Ongoing training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- All our guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected before and after guests arrive, with extra focus on frequently touched areas.
- In areas where team members work, we are regularly cleaning entrances, staff rooms, and offices.
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to dining and spa experiences (special protocols apply to the spa).
- Strict social distancing, for all staff and for our guests.
Please be advised that starting September 13, in accordance with the latest Public Health Orders, all guests wishing to receive services in the restaurant and pizza patio, as well as our yoga/fitness room will need to show proof of first vaccination. Starting October 23, proof of second vaccination will be required to access our food outlets and yoga/fitness room. We will be happy to offer take out and room service options to guests who cannot proide proof of vaccination at that time.
Our accommodations have been officially reopened to the public since June 1, 2020. We are offering a flexible cancellation policy should circumstances or regulations change along the way. We will be making frequent updates to our website to reflect changing circumstances.
As we take these measures, we thank you for your continued trust in our commitment to excellence and for your understanding in these difficult times. It is with great consideration that we have made these decisions, with particular care for the long-term well being of our staff and guests.
We look forward to seeing the situation resolved soon and in the meantime, we wish you the utmost health and wellness. For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.